Product in Open-Beta
This product has successfully progressed through closed beta and we believe it is ready for general customer use. We are finalizing product and reliability improvements to ensure all features will properly scale.
Our check/bill pay product allows you to pay bills from any Synapse-hosted account. We use checks for bill pay because they are accepted by all services and utility providers. This is important because it helps us ensure that our bill pay offering provides ubiquitous coverage.
- We deduct the check amount from the relevant Synapse-hosted account at the moment of check issuance, thus eliminating any
- NSF -
Non-Sufficient Funds (or Insufficient Funds)
(insufficient funds) exceptions.
- We are able to do this because we know the account (node) balance when writing a check.
- The funds will remain debited from the account until the check recipient cashes the check.
- Fonts used on our checks are optimized for improved OCR - OCR - Optical Character Recognition performance, thus removing any exception handling due to illegible type.
- Additionally, we verify addresses to reduce invalid address exceptions--you can also be proactive and use our Verify Address API call.
- We are further developing processes to verify that addresses we send checks to are not present on sanctions lists.
Transaction (Node) Types:
- Make sure your controls (what you are allowed to do in our system) allow for check issuance.
- Have an account owned by a user who
- who is not a match in one of our sanctions lists click here for our guide on how to check for this.
- Link a valid check recipient.
- If all the steps above have been successfully executed you can now send a check.
You can "Delete" check transactions in every stage except
SETTLED with our stop check API call. Funds will be credited back to the account the check was issued from.
If a check is returned for any reason, then we will stop the check (delete the check transaction) and credit funds back to the account the check was issued from.
We will automatically void a check if it has not been cashed after 90 days. Please make sure that your users are aware of this. When a check is automatically voided in this manner, funds will be credited back to the account that issued the check.
3 PM PT
Will vary by the external bank the check is being deposited to. Once the check has been deposited, the bank will hold the funds for a period of time before clearing the check. Normally, funds will be available 2-3 business days after the check has been deposited.