Follow the quick steps below to get started with our APIs:
You can quickly create an account in our Sandbox Dashboard. You will need to submit:
- a real name (e.g. yours or your company's name)
- a valid email address
- a strong password
- a two-factor authentication (2FA) device (either a valid phone number that can receive SMS messages or a valid email address)
Our sandbox environment is made to replicate our production environment. Before using our sandbox APIs you will need to create an account and add (fake) KYC (step 3).
Once you have gone through the basic signup steps and authenticated your account (either via SMS or via email), you will need to submit fake KYC for your new account.
- After you initially log in to the Sandbox Dashboard, you will need to open your profile and create a new (fake) business document for your account.
- You can find the link to your Profile page in the menu at the top-right of the page, and the option to create a new document at the bottom-right of the Profile page.
- From there (for the sake of simplicity) simply select the first options:
- SEND|RECEIVE Business Account
- Business Owner Documents
- Option A (Photo ID and Social Security Number)
- Again for simplicity, select the following default options (we can adjust the sandbox to your specific entity during integration)
- Entity Type: Female
- Entity Scope: Not Known
- Name: At least two string values (e.g. a first and last name, such as Jane Doe)
- Email: any value that conforms to expected format (e.g. [email protected] or [email protected])
- Date: Any date that would make the (fake) owner at least 18 years of age (e.g. 01/01/1990)
- Phone Number: Any 10-digit number (e.g. (000) 000-0000)
- IP Address: 0.0.0.0
- Street Address, City, State/Region/Province, Postal Code/Zip Code, Country: any valid US address (e.g. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, District of Columbia 20500, United States of America)
After you are able to submit your document, you will need to submit the following minimum KYC (for the standard sandbox's Entity Type F) to move your document's status from
Required Platform KYC
Recommended Submission Value
Any image file (e.g. .JPG, .PNG)
- Find your client keys, look here to see how, copy them, and use them in our sandbox API calls. Refer to our API Initialization page for more details on submitting API calls (e.g. relevant headers). We recommend using Postman for testing API calls.
Each platform account has a defined set of controls that determines what the platform can and cannot do in our system. Controls specify, for instance, which node (account) types the platform can create, transactions allowed, transaction volume limits, and similar.
Our standard sandbox allows for most flows. However, if for some reason you are unable to successfully complete a specific flow, you may be attempting to do something that falls outside of the standard sandbox's controls (or there may be another issue, such as submission of incomplete user KYC).
As you integrate with us we will provide you with a custom sandbox environment that will be tailored to your specific needs. For more information please refer to our Integrating with Synapse page.
Sandbox Transaction Speed
In the sandbox environment, events such as transaction processing occur faster than in production to make it easier to test your integration.
Updated 9 months ago